Wednesday 18 February 2009

Insect shapes

It has been a while since I posted but I have not been sitting still. I found out that the world of insects is huge and that there are so much information about them! So I tried to find out what fascinates me the most. From everything I found I chose some pictures that really impressed me. For example the shape of this beetle penis:


Or this parasite called "Strepsiptera" that lives inside the body of a wasp. They grow so fast that the male has almost no mouth and the female's vagina is the only thing that actually grows so she stays in the body of the wasp after giving birth:


But the animal that fascinated me the most was the Praying Mantis. He is an expert in mimicry (imitating animals or plants) and when you look closer it has some amazing shapes:

No comments:

Post a Comment